Do's and Dont's (For Tourists)
- Pilgrims are requested to use the bathing areas/ Ghats that are authorized by the Mela administration for their safety and security
- Pilgrims are requested to use the bathing places/Ghats nearest to their place of stay in Mela area or the city.
- If any unidentified or suspicious object is located, the Mela administration or the police control room should be informed about it.
- Pilgrims are requested to follow the traffic rules and regulations in the city and the Mela area
- The directions and advice given through the Central Public Address System may be followed to avoid any inconvenience.
- Garbage should be thrown only in the dustbins.
- Pilgrims and travelers are requested to be appropriately attired considering the religious and cultural sensibilities of the event. The local service providers will be happy to give advice on this issue.
- Use of plastic bags in Allahabad is prohibited by the Government and the Honorable High Court during the Kumbh Mela.
- Washing of clothes on the river banks should be avoided.
- Overcrowding of boats must be avoided.
- Pilgrims and travelers are advised not to encourage beggary.
- Use of soaps while bathing in rivers should be avoided.
- Throwing of the materials used for worship or rituals in the river should be avoided